My friend's son ( 1 year of age) went of medical operation as advised by pediatric. it was small operation, but anaesthetist along with pediatrician given some dose of anesthesia and it took more than 2 hours in operation in operation theater after the operation child was remain unconsciousness state and put on ventilator. Both Doctor and Anaesthetist didnt explain the reason for delay.When he came in consciousness state he was unable to recognized any one. Parents took the decision and directly transfer to child to a famous hospital of Delhi on ventilator. There doctors told that child brain is damaged may be because of anesthesia or less oxygen supplied during operations but not given in written. we dont know the exact reason for that.
I have few questions
1. How do we know the Pediatric and anaesthetist followed good practice?
2. Can we file RTI to private hospital regarding the operation procedure they followed during the operation along with doctors qualification?
3. Whether child was overdosed with anaesthesia?
3 if we Can file RTI act ,What is the surety private hospital provide correct information about the procedure and dont manipulate it.
4. Can we file case file under Medical negligence.
5. What are the repercussion filing a case. since my friend is working in private firm.
plz reply if possible.