Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ubfreak123 (Software)     04 July 2016

Marriage related help

Hi,

I need some advice. I have been married for the last four years. My wife belongs to a dysfunctional family, where her mother and her mothers side of the family tries to dominate/control her life. She is so used to this situation that it is effecting her emotionally and her personal life is a mess.

I want to protect my family from such manipulations and ensure that my kids to do not have to face such horrors. Can anyone please suggest what steps I can take to ensure this from legal point of view.

Thanks

Learning

10 Replies

Khush   04 July 2016

do you want to take divorce? you do not have any ground for divorce. do not think to file divorce. rather talk to your wife. go for counseling, 

you should not think any legal step, as you do not have any legal wayout. just if they interfere in ur life, just try to collect evidences, for example if you give them money then do not give them cash, rather transfer in their bank account, or deposit in their bank account urself, and preserve the slips with you. 

IF you give them gifts, try to purchase by cheque, 

Originally posted by : Khush

do you want to take divorce? you do not have any ground for divorce. do not think to file divorce. rather talk to your wife. go for counseling, 

you should not think any legal step, as you do not have any legal wayout. just if they interfere in ur life, just try to collect evidences, for example if you give them money then do not give them cash, rather transfer in their bank account, or deposit in their bank account urself, and preserve the slips with you. 

IF you give them gifts, try to purchase by cheque, 

Thanks for reaching back. Divorce is not an option, my wife will not go for it. All I want is a legal way to ensure that my kids and family stay out of the ambit of my inlays manipulations. Is that possible? Some court agreed arrangement  to counter interactions and infractions. By the way we do not have any kids yet...

Thanks...

JustAdvisor (IT)     04 July 2016

taking up a job in a different city is an option you may consider.

In today's world switch of city would not matter much. All I want is to ensure that I can prevent my family and kids from facing what my wife is facing. Is there a legal way to ensure that. 

thanks

JustAdvisor (IT)     04 July 2016

legally what you can do? if your in laws want to meet your wife which law can stop them? and she is cohabiting with you, so you can't even complain on that front. frankly i don't feel law can help you out in this situation. this is a purely personal problem requiring out of the box personal solutions. so put on your thinking cap brother!

thanks... so its that bad. will have to face it then. Thank you

A walk alone (-)     04 July 2016

It's not a legal problem. It's only a problem which can be sort out by you and your wife. As far as your wife support , trust and love you nothing her parents can do. Can you share some incident which make you to think that her family is dominating and manipulating? Marriage is based on trust and understanding. If trust and understanding between you both have no third one can interfere in your family.

Vibha   04 July 2016

1. "Either I file a lawsuit or I have to face it." Life is not black and white. There are many ways that are in between these two extremes.
  2. Every family is dysfunctional in their own unique way. We tend to be blind to our own imperfections and put magnifying glass to other people's imperfections. 
  3. Consult a family therapist before consulting a lawyer.

ubfreak123 (Software)     17 August 2016

Thanks "A walk alone" and "Vibha" for suggestions. Sharing family problems here was not my intention. My intention was to see if I can seek out a legal way to get a commitment or contract that ensures that my terms are met in the marriage. Probably not using the right terms but in general sense wanted to know if such a thing is possible (like a prenuptial agreement).

thanks

whatnot   17 August 2016

Read

https://books.google.ae/books?id=gt0rW68JF3YC&lpg=PT28&ots=MQJflqQjOQ&dq=conversation%20with%20god%3Aevents%20occur%20in%20the%20universe&pg=PT27#v=onepage&q&f=false

Particular passage about events.

Ref: Prenuptial agreement is not a legal document in India. And morover nuptials already done (pre is the keyword)

Save marriage is best way to protect loved one, including your wife.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register