LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Marriage registration for my daughter

My daughter's marriage will be held in Dec 2013. I hail from a place in West Bengal ( Dist Hooghly) but settled permanently at Sec-bad, AP. As per the records my permt add was changed in 2003 to this present add at Sec-bad. We are issued with Voter's ID against my present add at Sec-bad. My daughter is also issued with his Voter's Id from Sec-bad. The boy is from Bangalore .

Now marriage is to be held at my native place in WB. Bride Groom's family desires that the marriage be registered immediately after marriage at my native place which I was told is the trend now-a-days. But my younger brother who was making all arr there have consulted some local lawyers. According to them marriage registrar may not agree to register marriage at my native place as proof of residence i.e voter Id or Ration card must bear the address at the native place or in any place in WB.

Is there any way that marriage registry be done immediately after the wedding at my native place?

Second once married what all procedures be followed to get them registered at Bengaluru..who all are to be present..

Learning

2 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     18 September 2013

pl peruse the file

Attached File : 92244527 how to register your marriage - times of india.htm downloaded: 59 times

NRI Legal Consulting (Consultant)     18 September 2013

You should contact a local lawyer. For more query us query@nrilegalconsulting.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register