Marriage issue


My sister-in-law got engaged to a person on december 2015 , and there marriage date was fixed on march 6th , that guy is from our town but currently he is working in singapore (yet to get PR) , but suddenly his parents called us two days back and said that we are not interested in this marriage so cancel it  and they all have switched of their moblie phone/ landline , even their house is locked and they went absconding , but yesterday one of their relative call us told that the marriage should be cancelled and they will give us compensation money of rs 50000 ( enagement expense). my sister-in-law is shell shocked an our entire family is now shocked & distressed  ( less than week before marriage). Since the grooms parents are not attending calls, we thought of giving a police complaint , but the police said we will take the complaint and send summon to the grooms parents only , but since the groom is in singapore we can't send the summon to him, we think they are playing some conspriacy ( we think the groom is good guy , since he even spoke with my sisten- in- law a week before , but now no contact) but his parents are not good , so we want him to come to INDIA so that the truth will be unvield.

Kindly advise us how to proceed further and also advise us whether we can send summon directly to him.





Take help from a lawyer. Because in such cases it takes time and you must be cleared out that what you want from them.


Hi Sir, we want the marriage to go on , so what can we do for it.


legal advisor

Its not possible to force a marriage on someone against their wish and if done so the marriage will be annuled by the court if the party who is subjected to force approaches the court

I dont understand why you want to chase a groom who has ran away and not interested. 

You should rather thank your stars that the groom has shown his colours before the marriage.


Just take the money and move on !!! 

Unless the groom/his parents are fraud u should just leave it at that ....



hi i am new to forum, my sister applied for divorce against ex because he did not go for job and was money mind. both of his parents torched my sister to get money and they try to attack her so we asked her to get divorce  and  finally after many trail he came for mutual divorce in condition girl child 6 yrs with mother and he can cme and visit he is not giving any question my sister is now 28 yrs old and we want to her remarry but she is scared that after remarriage he may take the girl child by put case that my sister remarried.... pls advice my sister daugter with her only and she is very attached to mother..........pls tell whether she can remarry  and what will happen to her child if ex tried to put case




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu