LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

fhhfhkjgdfgjjjgxddk (Auditor)     07 September 2014

Marriage in same gotra

I am 28 years old and living with my mother due to separation of my parents, they are mutually separated but not divorced from last 24 years, my question is i belong to brahmin cast, kaushik gotra and love a girl who put sharma as her surname ofcourse she is brahmin girl too, but the twist is her father's gotra is also kaushik and mother's gotra is Bhardwaj, we both love each other and it's fine to do marry for both of us, she is 25 years old, we both working and independent,but so far my mother denied me to go for marry due to same gotra, and she also concerned about future property issue from my grandfather's property, which I'd claim in future, although she(girl) didn't tell her parents about our gotra issue yet but I am worrying that what if they will also refuse about our marriage (although my girl told me that his parents have modern mentality because they allowed her elder sister to marry with some kayastha boy,but I know this is really different and difficult situation,my mother's side relatives are also conservative mind, I am pretty sure they will also put hurdles,  please help us out soon, we love each other and want to get marry, please please tell me how it'd be possible with no future problem and with no issue in claiming of my grandfather's property from my father. I will be always grateful to you people. Thanks.

Learning

2 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     07 September 2014

Dear, You can marry in the same gotta, and if the property of with you grandparents is ansectral property they cannot take away your right, but if its self acquired they can take away the right. Advocate kapil chandna. 9899011450

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 September 2014

Even your father is not entitled to a right in his father's self acquired property during his life time and if it was disposed by a Will after his demise.  Therefore, you also will not have any right in it whether you marry a girl of their choice or otherwise, hence take a wise decision.  There is no bar in marrying a girl of same sect of the community in law.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register