LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

T__________DAS (NA)     21 April 2018

Maintenance petition verdict

My husband applied for the divorce petition in the year 2016. And as a reply I applied for Maintenance petition in the year 2017 July. Today as a verdict Judge said to my husband to pay 9,000/- per month. Initially my husband denied to pay the amount but after some argument, he agreed to pay 9,000/- per month until he arrange a job for me at Delhi within 6 months. As per Judge statement, if my husband got me a job today, then he need not spend any money for my maintenance.

I mentioned in front of judge that due to mental pressure of this divorce case, I became so much depressed and lost confident to face outside world. But still Judge says me to join a job by commanding my husband to search a job for me.

So what is the meaning of my maintenance petition? If have to earn and maintain myself, so why should any lady applied for maintenance petition? 

So is that the meaning that any educated lady could not applied for maintenance?

Please guide me what should I do next?

Learning

4 Replies

TGK REDDI   22 April 2018

After all, you're womanish.

Maintenance was prescribed when women hadn't had equal rights.     

Women are snatching every right from men without losing their rights.     Men are mainly responsible for this.      Men and women hate man.    Men and women sympathize with woman.

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     22 April 2018

Yes Madam you are perfectly right to understand the hidden meaning of the verdict. Husband and wife are treated a like in modern world where the woman has come out of their homes to claim equity on all aspects from the men. 

Maintenance is only given to the wife by her husband when she is not capable of earning for herself, It is the time of women Lib. and all the factors where the women is treated as a weaker section of the society are getting slowly eliminated. Duel policy of the weaker and independent cannot stand side by side. Man as universally accepted earner for a family is not now a days alone and women is also earning for the same then why there should be any discrimination? It is enough that the Husband is told by the court that he should assist the wife to search for her employment. The actual matter to see the capability of the maintenance is whether the wife is capable to earn or not it does not matter that whether she is earning or not at the time of the order. So now weaker has become strong if she is capable of earning for herself.

2 Like

arindam   03 June 2018

Please send me judgement copy.

Pravin (Engineer)     08 June 2018

Pl send me judgement copy then i will be able to say

My email id. pravinrapar@yahoo.co.in

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register