Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Looking for answers (owner)     01 November 2019

Maintenance of an adult child in 13b case.

Dear Learned members

I had taken a MCD vide 13B. In that it was agreed that our children, aged 16 and 12 yrs will stay with me and no interference from the wife. As a one time settlement, I had made her and the children, owner of the property that we had at that time.

Now, my daughter aged 18 wants to go and live with her mother. 

When I called my ex-wife regarding same, she started asking for maintenance money, although she is earning well, being a doctor and has remarried.

My query is that can she ask for the maintenance money? 

And if yes,how much? She had been very greedy for money asking to the tune of Rs. 25000/- per child, in a small city. My earning is about 40000/- pm.

Thanks in advance.

Learning

2 Replies

Sb Karma   01 November 2019

Originally posted by : Anuj Sharma
Dear Learned members

I had taken a MCD vide 13B. In that it was agreed that our children, aged 16 and 12 yrs will stay with me and no interference from the wife. As a one time settlement, I had made her and the children, owner of the property that we had at that time.

Now, my daughter aged 18 wants to go and live with her mother. 

When I called my ex-wife regarding same, she started asking for maintenance money, although she is earning well, being a doctor and has remarried.

My query is that can she ask for the maintenance money? 

And if yes,how much? She had been very greedy for money asking to the tune of Rs. 25000/- per child, in a small city. My earning is about 40000/- pm.

Thanks in advance.

If she earned well you don't need to pay maintenance full, but you both need to looked after your daughter contributing equally.You both need to looked equally to your daughter.

1 Like

Looking for answers (owner)     07 November 2019

@ S B Karma. Thanks a lot for your valuable input.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register