maintenance law

Yesterday I went to a district court and this matter intrigued me and made me think deeply. Facts: the husband has been paying maintenence to his ex wife regularly but the contention was: it is not enough since the husband owned various businesses, but the court has not been made aware of or it dint occur for the wife to do do so. Now what will the wife have to do to increase the maintenance amount since amount is very meagre and she can't afford to meet her own and her son make ends meet.
Is there any provision under law to file suit that the husband has been lying to the court -- that he owns businesses or any prosecute to declare the husband businesses.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Owning business doesn�t mean husband is rich. You have to prove that he has business and his business makes profit and he gets income from that profit. Burden of proof is on wife if she wants more maintenance. Moreover every person has to take care of themselves in this world. If you try to get income via court cases it will always be meager and it will cost more in legal fees than you will get in return. If wife wants more money she can repair relation with husband or get divorce and find new husband or find job.

Yes, she's already divorced. How does one prove that husband has businesses or mechanisms. What is the prodedure of law to that? I mean the means and method.

Advocate

Originally posted by : Karma Gunz
Yesterday I went to a district court and this matter intrigued me and made me think deeply. Facts: the husband has been paying maintenence to his ex wife regularly but the contention was: it is not enough since the husband owned various businesses, but the court has not been made aware of or it dint occur for the wife to do do so. Now what will the wife have to do to increase the maintenance amount since amount is very meagre and she can't afford to meet her own and her son make ends meet.Is there any provision under law to file suit that the husband has been lying to the court -- that he owns businesses or any prosecute to declare the husband businesses.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You should be thankful that he is paying.  Businessmen come under private category. They dont have permanent source of income.  Today they are at top, tmrw they are with katora.  Thats the life of businessmen.  Vijay Mallya is one example. Thinking that you will get more because he has more businesses, you file change in cir application. Later it shouldnt be so that he will file another reply stating tht he is now unable to pay money due to loss in business. But before all this yo uhave to prove to court that he has income from 1,3, 5, busineses with IT returns. then something can be done.  But I dont think it is worth the effort.

Total likes : 1 times

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

LAWyersclubindia Menu

CrPC MASTERCLASS     |    x