Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AJIT KUMAR (COMPUTER OPERATOR)     31 March 2016

Maintenance

Sir,

I filed a request in High court against the judgement of lower court for maintenance amount, allowed by lower court as (rs 4000 pm). I requested High court to reduce the amount to rs 2000 pm and the High court gave me stay on condition to pay 50% amount ordered by lower court. Since then (5 years) the case is pending in High court and I am paying 50% (rs 2000) ordered by the High court. Now I am receiveing letter's (4 letters) from Lok Adalat to appear before them for settlement. I did not appear yet neither my wife appeared. My question is in case my wife appear AND I do not appear, then what shall be expected decision from Lok Adalat. Is it necessary to appear. Can somebody please reply.

Thanks

Kumar.A

Learning

5 Replies

Shekhar (Proprietor)     31 March 2016

You want to bye bye to lok adalat u can do so. NP harm. Any one or both npt appearing has no impact on case

Shiva   31 March 2016

Ajit sir.....what is your to hand salary sir....on what basis court ordered rs 4000pm..please msg me i want to fight for the maintenance case. My email id is shivaji.p646@gmail.com...thanking u

Vakil   31 March 2016

Your matter in lok adalat will not commence in your absence. If you or your advocate don't appear then the lok adalat will send the case back to High Court as Settlement failed, further it will also be in the record that you are absent. So, I insist that you send your advocate if you cant be present there physically. Tell your advocate what could be your terms of settlement, if your wife doesn't accept it, then on those reasons the case will be remitted back to High Court. High Court will decide your matter on merits, which could have otherwise been settled by you and your wife under your own terms. All the best.

AJIT KUMAR (COMPUTER OPERATOR)     04 April 2016

Thanks a lot for everyone.

Ajit

Nagaraj Y   13 April 2016

Sir, is it mandatory to give the oral evidence though giving affidavit along With the petition please do reply

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register