LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arawind (i)     05 May 2014

Maintainence/Property

Please let me know how long one has to pay maintainence to spouse? Is it for any specific period or for life if she doesn't re-marry or work? Also, let me know, apart from maintainence whether property if any can be claimed? If so, can it be only property held with spouse or ancestral or property held in the name of spouse's parents?

Learning

4 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     05 May 2014

your query is incomplete, but 

1. maintenance to be paid till you both get divorce

2. about property she can claim from you is your self acquired property

Ranee....... (NA)     06 May 2014

Omly till divorce. ? But as per whatvi learnt n read here maintenance is to be given until remarriage.

Arawind (i)     06 May 2014

The fact is that I have filed divorce u/s 13 & the case is pending for evidence / arguments. So, I want to know, till what time I shoud pay her maintainence if court orders? How much time does it take to get divorced from now? Should the maintainence be paid to her till life if she doesn't re-marry or work or deny for divorce in future?

great india (manager)     06 May 2014

1. If you get divorced and want to settle for final settlement. Then once full and final settlement. 2 . if 125 crpc then life ling until the claim rejected on valid grounds Such as Adultery Remarriage Desertion. Cruelty. It can be reduced under change of circumstances i think its under sec.127 probably.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register