LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Marki   28 August 2019

Maintaince for men

Hi Can husband claim Maintaince from wife? The business of mine has failed after De-mon and GST. I hardly earn about 30000 to 35000 which is also not fixed as i am a Finance consultant, My child aged 14 is staying with me n i have filed for divorce. My wife has filed IA for Maintaince of 50,000, She has her own flat from which she gets rent,Has her own Diamond desiging business,which is operated from home. She also deals with Ladies Accessories from London. while i am living on the support of my parents and credit cards.. Please Advice...

Learning

5 Replies

Marki   28 August 2019

Hi
Can husband claim Maintaince from wife?
The business of mine has failed after De-mon and GST.
I hardly earn about 30000 to 35000 which is also not fixed as i am a Finance consultant,
My child aged 14 is staying with me n i have filed for divorce.
My wife has filed IA for Maintaince of 50,000,
She has her own flat from which she gets rent,Has her own Diamond desiging business,which is operated from home.
She also deals with Ladies Accessories from London.
while i am living on the support of my parents and credit cards..

Please Advice...

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     29 August 2019

In the given circumstances you can apply mainteneance.You should prove the income of your wife.

Marki   29 August 2019

Thank you sir!!!

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 August 2019

Filing such application is just a beginning and real story starts from here and court decides on hearing both the parties and they have their own consideration as tp whether Rs.30,000/- is sufficient for a father and 14 years daughter and other sources of income and assets.  At the same time court also considers the wife's income and studies whether she requires Maintainance at all in given facts.

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 August 2019

There is hardly any chance that you will get a favourable Order.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register