LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anand (se)     19 December 2009

MOFA

I am living in Thane,Maharashtra.I had purchased a 1 BHK flat. The project is to be executed in 2 phases.A 7 story bldg. in which I reside is in First Phase and 18 story towers in 2nd phase. I had taken the possession on 6-3-08 and paid 18 months maintenance at the rate of Rs.2.25 psf. in advance to builder.The 2nd phase is not yet complete and society is not yet formed by builder.Now the builder has sent a notice for paying next 18 months maintenance charges amounting Rs.35057(Rs.3 psf instead of Rs.2.25 psf as stated in Sale deed Agreement)stating increase in maintenance charges and details of which shall be provided at the time of handover to society.
In the sale Deed and the registry that we have executed, which is totally one sided and has the conditions that the builder is the only arbitrator and what ever decision he takes w.r.t. maintenance will be binding to us. He is the only person to finalise the maintenance and to decide the maintenance charges.
1.Is there any support from the Maharashtra apartment Ownership Act which mentions that the builder should handover the possession to the society though the 2nd phase is not complete.Can we form a society and take over maintenance?
2. What should be my course of action?. Should I pay maintenance at the rate of Rs.2.25 psf as agreed in Sale deed instead of Rs.3 as demanded by the builder till he forms the society and hand over details.If the demand by builder is genuine, I can pay the difference at the time of society formation.But builder is demanding 18%p.a. late charges for any delay.

Please advice.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register