LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinod (executive)     31 August 2010

MIL vs DIL

What are the things a Mother-in-Law can do against her Daughter-in-law prior to 498a and other related cases? Can DV be filed, if DIL use to abuse or even tried to beat the MIL? What are the remedies available to the old aged mothers who become victim of false litigations?

Learning

13 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     31 August 2010

Yes MIL can take the shelter of DV Act. It will be the new case.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     31 August 2010

it is confirmed that mil can sue dil in dv case,

in my opinion, MIL - as a wife can sue DIL u/s 498a,IPC. Not seeing any complication and legal restriction imposed on it. at least one case should try to find, to explore, -  the legal opinion of the judiciary.

if one case admited, a new horizon will open.

Parth Chandra (none)     31 August 2010

What are the things a Mother-in-Law can do against her Daughter-in-law prior to 498a and other related cases? Can DV be filed, if DIL use to abuse or even tried to beat the MIL? What are the remedies available to the old aged mothers who become victim of false litigations?

But what MIL will achieve out of DV as..
1) Maintenance - can't ask from DIL
2) Protection Orders - may be living under the same roof or not, if living under same roof then may get
3) shared house hold - same as no 2)

So whats the point....and ofcourse DIL then surely put her behind the bar using 498a, DV etc.....so its kind of provoking a wamp!

The better solution would be ....to ask her son to find a nearby accomodation and to pay her some money so that she can run her expenses (THIS IS HOW A PARADIGM HAS CHANGED...ONCE THE OWNER OF EVERYTHING AND OUR MOTHERS WHO WHOLE HEARTELY ADJUSTED AND LOVED OUR GRANDFATHER AND GRANDMOTHER AND LIVED IN EVERY KIND OF ADVERSITIES HAS TO AFRAID NOT FROM HER HUSBAND/SON OR DAUGHTER BUT DIL!!!!!!WHEREAS TODAY'S DIL DON'T HAVE TO ADJUST LIKE THEIR MOM OR MIL BUT STILL RESORTS THESE BIASED LAWS TO THOSE WHO GAVE HER HOME, FOOD, NAME, COMFORT, SAFETY AND MUCH NEEDED SETTLENESS IN LIFE ONCE THEY FEEL THAT THINGS ARE NOT TURNING IN HER WAY!!!!!)

Jagjeet (peon)     31 August 2010

Then how can one save their old parents from false allegations? It has been seen that women (mother, sisters, bhabhi etc) of house are gripped under false cases for extorting money. Wife and her parents move only on the advise of advocates (pls don't mind, m talking in general) and do whatever is in their benefit showing inhumanity to all. Though both the families suffer and everybody enjoys the drama. Brother, nothing can save the old parents from 498a,DV,DP3.. May be other members can correct me

mr pc and mr jagjeet,

the thread issue is little bit diffrent.

mr vinod asking that wheather a MIL can sue, (that is lodging a complain) against DIL or not under 498a.

normally people do not do it, but what happened if one do it u/s 498a.?

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Arup
"
it is confirmed that mil can sue dil in dv case,

in my opinion, MIL - as a wife can sue DIL u/s 498a,IPC. Not seeing any complication and legal restriction imposed on it. at least one case should try to find, to explore, -  the legal opinion of the judiciary.

if one case admited, a new horizon will open.
"

Not possible ......

why not possible?

any technical difficulties?

(Guest)

ha ha had it been so (gender neutral) then I would not have taken DV Act to Hon'ble SC by way of SLP (Crl.) to examine it and it woul dnot have even been admitted :-)

You like watching Brinda Karat, Niranjana Kumari, Girija Vyas breaking each Courts chairs and tables it seems !

let one party to go to court, then the matter will properly be tested.

(Guest)

MIL can file 498a on DIL and her son together. only degree of allegations on DIL and son need be slightly different.if properly filed she can gain a victory too. there is a tutorial on this forum on filing of 498a cases .

1 Like

Vinod (executive)     01 September 2010

Then what is the solution? Isn't it the injustice for the parents? I feel that it is truly said that the law is gender biased and sword is always on the head of the groom.

What a horrible life it is? This may be the reason that male suicides are much more than female suicides. Nobody is there to support whether it is society or law. Women are always believed even if they are lying.

I want the help of my professional friends to suggest some ways to save the old helpless parents from the dirty devil wife and also for living a peaceful and normal life.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     01 September 2010

"Nobody is there to support whether it is society or law"

- NOBODY.

- GOD HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES.

- JESUS  CARRIED HER CROSS BY HIMSELF.

- IN SUCH CASES - IF YOU DO NOT ATTACK, YOU WILL BE ATTACKED BY YOUR ANTI, IF YOU DONOT FIGHT, YOU WILL BE DEFETED.

Jagjeet (peon)     01 September 2010

REALLY APPRECIABLE MR. ARUP KEEP MOTIVATING THE MEMBERS
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register