LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bbratnam (nill)     20 December 2014

Lyngodh committee recomendations regarding student elections

Obectionable two clauses  of Lyngodh Committee recomendations regarding Student elections of Universities.

Where the atmosphere of the university campus is adverse to the conduct of peaceful, free and fair elections, the university, its constituent colleges and departments must initiate a system of student representation based on nominations,especially where elections are being held at present. It would be advisable, however, not to base such nomination system on purely academic merit, as is being practiced throughout the country. 

6.5.4 Although, the Committee would refrain from prescribing any particular minimum marks to be attained by the candidate, the candidate should in no event have any academic arrears in the year of contesting the election.

Source:https://www.ugc.ac.in/oldpdf/students_pdf/lyngdoh_committeemhrd2712.pdf

A student may have desired and passion towards making good things.

In fact many of our Politicians also doesn't have any qualifications / Good Academic records.

The Madras H.C, says in its judgement as
"In fact, I have noted in my earlier order dated September 15, 2010 that Dr B R Ambedkar obtained only 287 marks out of 750 in the matriculation examinations and his educational need was taken care of by King of Baroda on the ground that he belongs to scheduled caste," the judge added.

I mean marks should not be the measurement of the leadership qualities of the students. Many of the great persons and / good politicians failed in initial stages. But they became very popular for their good acts.

Marks are different and knowledge is different.

*. In Clause 6.1.1 The committee prescribed student shouldn't have the arrears or backlogs for contesting.

>> Some students may comes from different medium of instructions (Such as Hindi, Tamil, Kannada, Oria, Telugu etc.,). They will face some problem during the present course and they may have arrears.

>> Even If the Top student had not appeared in the exams during the medical sickness, that also considered as arrears.

*. In another clause, The committee prescribed age 24-25 for PG students as eligibility for contesting.

>> Some students may having any financial problems during their studies and may continues their studies at a latter point of time by working some period. In that cases the age will be more.

During these restrictions the student who really desired to do good things has to lose the opportunity even though he belongs to the same class as the other contestants.

Sorry for my bad English, Hope you understand my version.

Please suggest a solution for the following queries.

1. Will it comes under the violation of rights?

2. If it comes under violation of rights, Can I write a letter to HC/SC or that should be in the form of petition.

3. If need to submit in the form of petetion, what petetion?

4. Can I Post that? or Have to present in person?

5. To whom I have to address??

6. Can i Write my own or have to take the assistance of a lawyer?

Thanking you in anticipation

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 December 2014

@bbratnam:  Your interest in the article is understood that you are trying to find a solution to public cause or noble cause. However, please confirm that if the recommendations of the committee has been accepted by the authorities and have been implemented in Toto without any amends(?), wait for the black and white rules on the subject then you can take up the issue on the basis of constitutional validity.

bbratnam (nill)     25 December 2014

Thank you very much sir, 

Your words are good to read and filling inspiration in me.

I am waiting for the solution.

But nobody ready to provide the solution even i am trying for public interests.

Thank you for your reply

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register