Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Balakrishnan (Consultant)     20 May 2019

Lok adalat for divorce

Hi sir.,

I got married on 2009 and my wife delivered baby boy on 2010.

Since 2010 we are living separately and we didnt have any contact also.

my son is living my wife (My Father in law is very rich)

We went for many time compromises, They are not ready to give divorce and not ready to live with me.

I have filed HMOP on 2016 , Most of the times they didnt come to court.

Mean time i got aborad travel, My Father in law  spoke to my lawyer and my lawyer widdthdrwan my case without any notifications.

Now i spoke to one of lawyer he said we will apply in Lok Adalat for  my divorce.

What is the procedure for Filing case in Lok Adalat.

whether i can get divorce from lok adhalat (Any money i have to deposit for this case).

Kindly clarify the correct process.

Regards

Bala

Learning

7 Replies

Shashi Dhara   20 May 2019

In Lok adalat both sides must come to compromise or settlement and afterwards forward it.if once it is settled it cannot be appealed or questioned.

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     20 May 2019

How can your lawyer withdraw the case witout your consent?

Balakrishnan (Consultant)     20 May 2019

My Lawyer got money from my father in law and withdrawn the case, he menitoned in widdthdrawal as 'he is not interested in continuing this case'.

It means your case is still alive you can engage new counsel and continue the procedings. Let your new counsel speak to the other counsel about the possibility of compromise. If both of you agree and came to an understanding then you can ask your counsel to refer the matter to lokadalat to record the compromise.

It means your case is still alive you can engage new counsel and continue the procedings. Let your new counsel speak to the other counsel about the possibility of compromise. If both of you agree and came to an understanding then you can ask your counsel to refer the matter to lokadalat to record the compromise.

ADV-JEEVAN PATIL, MUMBAI ( DEEMED/CONVEYANCE OF BUILDING)     21 May 2019

As per my understanding the matter referred to the Lok Adalat by the court only when there are chances of settlement of dispute at the initial stages. No lawyer nor court allow to close the matter without application by the party or oral instruction of party. you find out reason of closing the matter and act accordingly
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register