Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Guruprasad   22 February 2017

Loan recovery when borrower died

Hello Sir .

Since i am facing a Loan Repayment , am writing this for your guidance .

My Mom who is a working women took a personal loan on salary basis 6 years back and along with her , one of her colleague also took loan on salary basis .and they gave assurance (Surety) for each other on mutual trust .

In 2011 the other person who took loan died and my mom under the assumption that loan has been paid by him , she didn't inquired in the bank .

now in 2016 , the bank Branch informed my mother saying that loan was not paid fully and asking my mother to repay the amount, when my mother provided the family contact details to Bank for loan recovery . and the family refused to repay the loan .

now the bank people is calling my mom and harassing her for repayment of loan amount . and a Bank ED officer met her in office recently and told her if loan is not paid , he will issue caution notice in newspapers with my mother photo.

till date my mother has not received a single notice from bank regarding the loan recovery .

Principle amount when the Person died was 40000, Now in January 2017 it has become 1,15,000.

please provide guidance regarding what needs to done to solve this issue .

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register