LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SAMBHU KUMARAN VISWANATHA (manager)     12 July 2014

Loan not returned bycousin/relative to maintain business

I have loaned more than six lac rupees to a cousin of mine working abroad, he started a business and urgently needed money to payout his partner, i have paid money locally and abroad, all through legal banking transaction so proof is there, In fact, i have taken loan against my FD to pay him.

Now he is not responding to my telephone calls, he promises, but never keep up his promised.

What I have to do with get back my money.  Please help.  I have not taken any guarantee against the loan as I believed him.

Learning

6 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     12 July 2014

initiate criminal and civil proceedings against him at the earliest

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     12 July 2014

money given to fridns and relatives without security is only a charity and not intended to be returned.

by giving money to a man abroad for a busines the details of whcih you do not knopw from and loest layer of your pocket.  Where one finds a bigger fool.

Based n given facts no criminal case is made out.  You can file civil suit by paying good amount of court fee and then keep waiting for years to see that summon is received byhim. Probably you do not have his authentic address as well.

Provided you have proof of paying it as loan (not as charity, refund etc).

yes, i can be considered a fool for giving an unsecured loan out of good faith, what is best solution to recover the money, people act foolishly sometime knowingly/unknowingly.

Though they are not responding to my calls, i have known people to contact them, what is the best strategy to regain the situation, pls suggest

Q Slinger (NA)     12 July 2014

I hope you collected enough evidence that he actually owes you the money. Next time u speak to him, record the conversations and keep all records of the transaction. 

I am not how you are going to initiate criminal proceedings against him as you sent the money to another country.? I guess check with your lawyer to get advice.

Regards

The money was transferred abroad was through a money exchange firm and part given locally by NEFT, so for I have evidence, recording the conversation is a good suggestion, 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     12 July 2014

you have evidence thatyou gave money but what evidence you have that it was loan. 

I hope tghree years have not passed since last refusal to pay.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register