LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

New**comer (New)     03 August 2013

Live-in with married man

I am into a unhappy marriage for last 17years. We have a 10-yr old daughter.My wife has earlier filed divorce twice also, but I have resisted her from divorcing for my daughter's future. But life is being intolerant with her as she is not at all into the marriage till date. Now I have found someone & already into a relation (physical also) with her. My wife knows about her & me & my wife had filed for mutual divorce in March this year.The date is pending on this November.Now suddenly she is determined not to divorce me.What should I do to get the divorce?How could I marry the girl I'm into a relation with?Can we get married outside India even if my wife doesn't divorce me? What cases can my wife file against us I go for a live-in relationship with my girlfriend? Please do help.

Learning

15 Replies

498A__misused (Sec)     03 August 2013

Most important point to consider is ...if your GF is married or single ...If she is single then you can go for live in and if she is married then her husband can file Criminal case on you.

REMEMBER - Dont go for marriage , just go for live-in either in india or abroad.

Later even if you have child from your girl friend then no need to worry . it does not proof  your second marriage.

Enjoy you life .. you wife can alsways file false civil or criminal cases on you like DV, 498A but if you have not tourchered her for dowry and have not commited any kind of domenstic voilence then you need not to worry , she will fail to proof such cases on you

Never ignore your daughter as she has no fault , love your kid and always support your kid in everyway.

NGOKC (pm)     03 August 2013

She may file a case of Bigamy against you  , thats one case she is entitled to

Apart from that be prepared for trumped up DV 498,et al

Thanks for the help. My GF is unmarried.My wife is forcing me to stay in the marriage by threatening me about filing a false 498 case against me. I have no family members alive. Please let em know if  she refuses to divorce me in court, can I get it somehow on Exparte Basis? What should I do to go for an exparte divorce?  Can she file any adultery case againt me? I'm not ignoring my daughter as I'll be depositing a lumpsome amount for her future in FD.

Mr. NGOKC, thanks for the help. But how can she file a bigamy case againt me till I don't get married to my GF legally?

How to protect myself from false case of 498? If I go abroad with my GF before the pending date of divorce & do not return back for the hearings, how could it affect me? If she files the cases mentioned by you against me, would it still be effective on me as I shall be staying abroad?

(Guest)

By thinking all this you are inviting trouble.

For threat of 498a, secure anticipatory bail.

Ok that I'll do. But how to stay with my GF without any problem for lifetime? Please let me know would her 498 case be effective on me if I start staying at another country?

No, I'm not talking about 498 hearing. I was talking about the divorce hearing.

What if I skip the divorce hearing?

Can she file a 498 against me after I leave for abroad & would it be effective on me then?

If i convert & get married to the girl I love, I guess case of bigamy won't be applicable on me the. Please suggest.

Please suggest me a way in which I can stay with my GF for lifetime safely. PLEASE HELP.

Why won't a 498 affect me i  am in India? What do I need to do for that?

If I stay abroad how will a 498 affect me there?Can i come back to India after 7-10years then?

I need to stay with my GF anyhow. Please suggest how to.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     03 August 2013

repeated query, check your another post

In that case can this cases affect my GF on her return to India?

PLEASE HELP..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register