LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajeev k (Forman D)     27 June 2014

Lic claim

On 11/11/2011 My son started a policy Jeevan Shree-1 for a sum assured of 10 lac and an accidental coverage for another 10 lac. Unfortunately in march 2013 he met an accident in Karnataka and lost life on the way to hospital. Being the nominee for the policy I had applied for the claim form in June 2013 with policy certificate, death certificate and police investigation report and received the claim form. In July the claim form was submitted except the supporting   forms B, B1 and E ( which are for employer certificate, treatment certificate from hospital and concerned doctor). First they said to hand over a   affidavit  saying as he was brought dead no hospital treatment was given. Then after a month these certificates surely required. Meanwhile I got the employer certificate and attendance details since he joined. With great difficulty I could obtain the certificate from the doctor who has declared him dead and carried out the postmortem. And I could not get the hospital treatment certificate as they said he was not admitted as he was brought dead. I conveyed them these. They insisted for the treatment certificate, saying it is a must. Then again I approached the hospital in Coorg Karnataka and stayed two days to obtain some how  that certificate on downloaded forms from the LIC site and submitted in  1st week of March 2014. After one month when enquired about they said the forms B, B1 and E should have been on the original forms which they gave initially else hand over the unfilled original forms B, B1 and E. Since these certificates were to be  from Far off place B and B1 were missed during transit and only E form was left with me which I handed over to them along with a condonation letter stating that other forms lost in post transit. This was submitted on may 2014. Initially they said that it takes one month for the sum assured to be credited. But almost one year over after submitting the claim, 4 months after submitting the supporting forms B,B1 and E and 53 days after returning unfilled form E and giving the condonation letter. So now what I have to do. Where I have to approach to know the its status. Why this much delay. His Medi-claim from L&T Insurance was processed in one month and received the Cheque in July 2013 without going any where.( They sent their representative to obtain forms from me- only copy of police investigation and death certificate.) Please advice me

Learning

3 Replies

Raghav Mishra (Lawyer)     28 June 2014

You can approach the Insurance Ombudsman for the redressal of their complaints free of cost.

jayakumar.R (ADVOCATE & LEGAL CONSULTANT)     29 June 2014

1) Where is your insurance agent who canvassed and given the policy contact  him  and ask him to help the insurance claim process and

2) more over you  directly contact  the Customer Relationship Management  Department or  Claims department  to complain this matter

3) Because the orgnaization is very good but persons who sitting on the office are dragging your claim otherwise you send a legal notice to the concern branch office they immediately settle the claim 

S K KARNjhc (Legal Adviser)     07 July 2014

You should approach to the Ombudsman officer of the LIC, see what action is taken from their end, if it is found to be unsatisfactory, heir lawyer to execute further proceedings.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register