Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankesh   31 July 2018

Liabilities for signing as witness

Dear All,

I had a property on 2nd floor of the building, for which builder carried out sale deed in 2003 with me for which I had bank loan too. Later builder transferred the flat from 2nd floor to ground floor & my bank loan also got shifted to ground floor flat. For which I have a document(Income tax return statement) from bank saying the flat has been shifted from 2nd floor to ground floor.

Further in 2005, builder sold the said flat on 2nd floor to another Buyer(new buyer) where I had signed as witness in agreement to sale but haven't signed in registered sale deed.

Kindly let me know the liabilities (if any) which I hold for the said flat on 2nd floor, for which new buyer can challenge me in the Court of law under 420.

Learning

5 Replies

abhishek sharma   31 July 2018

your language is quite confusing. what do you mean by transfer? what do mean by carried out sale deed

Ankesh   31 July 2018

Transfer mean based on my request letter to bank for shifting my title from 2nd floor to ground floor from same builder and acknowledged by builder too. And after that builder has registered 2nd floor to another party.
sale deed means the registration of property in the office of registrar.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     31 July 2018

The liability and responsibility of witness is restricted to facts stated in document and that parties signed executed before you.  In your case, you are the witness for a transaction wherein purchaser paid certain amount as consideration for advance for purchase of a flat and agreed in your presence and executed such agreement in your presence.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     31 July 2018

You have signed as witness in agreement to sell.

That’s all.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     31 July 2018

Is the 2nd floor in building illegal?

Why are you apprehending complaint u/s 420?

Discuss in person with a very able senior LOCAL CA/counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in civil/criminal matters   and well versed with latest citations, LOCAL applicable rules/laws/ … and having successful track record…. and worth his/her salt…..and show the documents/evidence for a considered opinion..

At each location three are some counsels that specialize in such matters and they are well known.

Check for such counsels at LOCAL Civil courts, HC……

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register