LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

malik (Software engineer)     30 January 2014

Lender cheating us by taking signature on blank promissory n

My father had helped one of my uncle in getting a loan of 50,000 and had signed on the blank promising note as he is a not a educated person. The lender was aware of the fact that the loan is actually taken by my uncle. My uncle has been paying regular EMI to him since then. 

But suddenly, now this lender asking 7 lacks from us by saying that we took from him. And he has been sending notices from the court demanding for the same.

My Uncle is now ready to pay that amount and any other amount which he had took from him. We didn't attend court first date as lender was saying that he is going to withdraw the case against us. But he didn't do that yet. And also we got to know that he is doing this with all the uneducated people and later he is trying to occupy their properties.

How can we proof that he took signature on blank promissory note? 
Can forensic examination find out that the signature is took upon on a blank note?.
Taking signature on blank promissory note is it legal?
What happen as we missed court first date?
is a promissory note of 7 lacks is legal?
What are the other procedures to proof this lender real facts?

Please guide me in the right direction please.

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     30 January 2014

generally, signature on blank paper doing is a major mistake. Promissory note can write with any amount as their like. Forensic  reports cannot canclude whether it is blank paper sign or after writing the text.

LAXMINARAYAN - Sr Advocate. ( solve problems in criminal cases. lawproblems@gmail.com)     30 January 2014

Take an expert local advocate and defend the case .

Blank sign , payments made etc defenses do not work.

Find faults in complaint , documents which only as expert can do and you can come out of the case.

malik (Software engineer)     30 January 2014

Blank sign , payments made etc defenses do not work, find faults in complaint what does it mean??  Can you please elaborate more on this??

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     17 April 2014

why he signed in blank.      

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register