LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manoharan   21 October 2019

Legal power for temple land

My father had constructed temple with funds colleced from members in my village in tamil nadu and it was maintained my father for past 30 years. There are around 30 members are formed for maintaining and worshipping of the temple hereafter which the land was acquired by my father and brought from my ancestors. Only members have given funds for constructing temple.

Now after demise of my father all other members want to claim their share for the temple and claiming its also belong to every member of the temple. Is there any legal documents binding for temple property can be equally claimed by share for all other members. Now all other members are wanted to enter into legal agreement for their share and asking me to give them in writing through court stamp paper. Is it valid document under court of law.

however my father has written a will to my son's name for maintaining and controlling the temple property. Is it legal to own the temple land in individual name. Now patta , EB connection is in my father's name.  I want to inform all other members stating only temple is belongs to all the members and they can come and do their worshipping and organise festival etc however they can't calim ownership for the temply land. Am i correct as per the law.

Can i legally transfer the temple property to all other members for equal rights for maintaining and worshipping the temple property. Kindly advise.

V.Manoharan

Learning

2 Replies

Shashi Dhara   23 October 2019

All of you sit together and come to compromise and draft a deed and register it.it may take 2,3yearswait ,convince,all the members take opinion, oppose,every one before coming to final .then draft it .make a trust you become trustee.withfamily members support.

manoharan   24 October 2019

Thanks for your valuable response and advise Mr. Shashi Dara

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register