LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Palak Jain   06 October 2016

Legal options available as a third party in a case of non-

Hi, I run a company of online rentals. One of our client took some of our products on rent for furnishing their property. The client's business is to take properties on lease and further sublet them. In one such property, the owner of the property himself has taken possession of all the rented products and is not giving them back and neither giving any rent for it. The client has filed a legal complaint against it but till the time of its disposal has refused to make any rental payments to us. The products are our property and we want to know what legal remedy or recourse is available to us in this case.

Learning

2 Replies

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     06 October 2016

In order for you to safeguard your interests, you should moive before the court in the same case and seek impleadment of yourself as a party to the same. This would be the option in case a civil suit is already pending between the parties. In case it is not,then the better optionfor you would be to file a civil suit, implead both the client and the owner as parties and claim recovery of the movable properties based on your title overt the same. I think you have a strong case based on the facts you just told me.

Augustine Chatterjee

Advocate & Solicitor at Law

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     07 October 2016

Dear Palak,

Was there any agrement between you and your client ?

Had he filed a suit or complaint ?

Regards

kapoor.legal@gmail.com 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register