Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Parry (Owner)     23 September 2013

Legal issues with grandfather owned business

Dear Respected Members,

We have a shop in kolkata which is in my grandfather's name. My father has been running this shop for the last 30 years. Grandfather never play any role in business operations except signing on annual returns and cheques and this is because shop and trade license was in his name. Now my grandfather under influence of my uncles threatens my father that he will transfer ownership of shop to one of my uncle. This has become a daily nuisance and thus a big concern for us. We are into this trap just because on papers shop is in my grandfather's name otherwise his involvement in day-to-day business is minimal. Please suggest how do we handle this situation. Thank you very much. 

Learning

2 Replies

LLB.ACS Gourav Khatri (COMPANY SECRETARY)     23 September 2013

Send a legal notice at the earliest.

For more information contact undersigned:

Gourav Khatri/ 99587 98699

Parry (Owner)     23 September 2013

Thanks, Gaurav.

What type of legal notice are you talking about?

Is there a way to retain the brand name of the shop? In worst case my father is willing to handover the shop to my uncle but we would like to retain the brand name which we have built over years. Is there a possibility that we register another shop with different trade license with the same address? This way atleast my father can take ownership of account and financial work himself. Is that a viable solution?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register