LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

M. D. Bhat (Manager)     11 November 2015

Legal Help needed - Forced to leave job and not giving f&f

I was forced to leave job by creating false work pressure and late night work after I disclosed my pregnancy. I resigned and asked for F&F. Company is not providing F&F and PF details and asking for pregnancy proof. I had informed my boss about pregnancy and related health conditions verbally and asked for leave. 

I strongly believe that I as forced to leave job so that no pregnancy related benefit can be claimed. 

I did not want to take any step and took a stepdown from this matter due to health conditions, however company is not releasing F&F and asking for proofs.

Please note: PF is not beeing submited to account (this is an additional point)

Want to know and get help from this forum on how this matter can be handled? What step I can take for this? Want to set a bench mark and save other employees life from that company. Please help me

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 November 2015

Has the resignation been acknowledged and accepted.

If it is not accepted you may withdraw it at once and cite that it was extracted by pressure etc........

If you have informed manager and manager has not asked to submit any forms then nothing more is required to be done by you. You can anytime submit Dr's Rx showing tentative date of delivery.Termination during Maternity Period is prohibited as per the Act.

Extarcting resignation from pregnant woman to avoid maternity benefit is offence.

Forced resignation is offense.It can be termed deemed termination.As you are determined, you may approach Female employee's/employee's/trade unions leaders and create a support group.

You may approach an able labor Law Consultant and proceed under expert advise of your counsel.

Just type 'Maternity' in search option on bottom of right hand side of this page and you shall get access to many threads on similar queries.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register