Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesh J (IT)     01 August 2013

Learner's license rules

Hi,

Yesterday i was teaching my cousin to drive a car (NON COMMERCIAL VEHICLE). We were stopped during a routine check by police men. My cousin possessed a LLR (Learner's license) and i possessed a valid drivers license for driving a car. I was seated next to my cousin in front seat and the car was driven by my cousin. My car had Lsigns both in front windshield and back windshield. We were driving at 10.30 P.M.

The police man demanded a fine stating that we were violating the rules of learner's license.

He stated that we were violating the following rules

1. Lsigns should be placed lower next to the number plate.
2. Learners should only drive a car during non peak hours (Night 11 Pm to Moring 4 Am)
3. Instructor should belong to a driving school. If the instructor does not belong to a driving school, instructor should be having 5 years of driving experience.

As far i know i was not violating any rules. From whatever i've heard and read online about THE CENTRAL MOTOR VEHICLES RULES, 1989

a) A learner is the holder of an effective learner's licence issued to him in Form 3 to
drive the vehicle;
(b) such person is accompanied by an instructor holding an effective driving License to
drive the vehicle and such instructor is sitting in such a position to control or stop the
vehicle; and
(c) The front and the rear or the vehicle or on a plate or card affixed to
the front and the rear, the letter "L" in red on a white background

Note.—The painting on the vehicle or on the plate or card shall not be less than 18
centimeters square and the letter "L" shall not be less than 10 centimeters high, 2
centimeters thick and 9 centimeters wide at the bottom:

I would like to know whether there are any other rules governing learner's license. Am i violating any rules as pointed out by the policeman.

Sorry if i am posting this in wrong forum section.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register