LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

CA CS CIMA Adv Dip MA Prakash (CA CS CIMA)     31 July 2009

Lawyers and Indians

A lawyer and a Indian are sitting next to each other on a long flight. The lawyer is thinking that Indians are so dumb that he could get over on them easy...So the lawyer asks if the Indian would like to play a fun game.

The Indian is tired and just wants to take a nap so he politely declines and tries to catch a few winks. The lawyer persists, and says that the game is a lot of fun. I ask you a question, and if you don't know the answer, you pay me only $5; you ask me one, and if I don't know the answer, I will pay you $500, he says. This catches the Indian's attention and to keep the lawyer quiet, he agrees to play the game.

The lawyer asks the first question. 'What's the distance from The Earth to the Moon?' The Indian doesn't say a word, reaches in his pocket pulls out a five-dollar bill and hands it to the lawyer.

Now, it's the Indian's turn. He asks the lawyer, 'What goes up a hill with three legs, and comes down with four?' The lawyer uses his laptop and searches all references he could find on the Net. He sends e-mails to all the smart friends he knows, all to no avail. After one hour of searching he finally gives up. He wakes up the Indian and hands him $500. The Indian pockets the $500 and goes right back to sleep.

The lawyer is going nuts not knowing the answer. He wakes the Indian up and asks, 'Well, so what goes up a hill with three legs and comes down with four?'

The Indian reaches in his pocket, hands the lawyer $5 and goes back to sleep

Learning

3 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     31 July 2009

Parkash I guess the Lawyer was not an Indian Lawyer.

with due respect to my profession and Legal Fraternity I ve seen litgants coming to Indian Courts in Well Knitted Suits at the start of litigation and ending up in Kurta Payjama after a couple of years......and finally they come to know that their case has been dismissed.

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     31 July 2009

An Indian man walks into a bank in
New York Cityand asks for the loan officer.
He tells the loan officer that he is going to India on business
for two weeks and needs to borrow $5,000.

The bank officer tells him that the bank

will need some form of security for the loan,

so the Indian man hands over the keys
and documents of new Ferrari parked
on the street in front of the bank.
He produces the title and everything checks out.
The loan officer agrees to accept
the car as collateral for the loan.

The bank's president and its officers
all enjoy a good laugh at the Indian
for using a
$250,000 Ferrari
as collateral against a
$5,000 loan.
An employee of the bank then
drives the Ferrari into the bank's
underground garage and parks it there.

Two weeks later, the Indian returns,
repays the $5,000 and the interest,
which comes to $15.41.
The loan officer says,

"Sir, we are very happy to have had your business,
and this transaction has worked out very nicely,
but we are a little puzzled.
While you were away,
we checked you out and found that you are a multi millionaire.
What puzzles us is, why would you bother to borrow "$5,000" ?

The Indian replies:

Shree. ( Advocate.)     01 August 2009

If this is a true story, then say this bank was in India...........would the Indian bank manager stand for it, he would think it was an insult...........to get back at the fraudalent customer he might scratch up the ferrai, or delay in giving it back, make the fradulent customer sweat, or a pay big bribe to get his own car back.....

shinning india and shinning indians indeed..............

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register