Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ali (Programmer)     27 June 2008

Lawyer for Registration Marriage (Special Marriage Act)

Hi,

I am a 26 year old Muslim man from Chennai wishing to marry a 26 year old Hindu girl from Mumbai. I am currently in US and the girl is in London, UK. We are both on work assignments in these countries. Due to some resistance from our parents we wish to come down to India on a particular date, get married and travel back to US.

Is there any way in which I can hire services of a lawyer to file the registration because it is not very easy for me to come down to India twice. If the registration form is filed, me and my fiancée can come down to India after the 30 day period is over and get the marriage done.

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards

Learning

1 Replies

podicheti.srinivas (advocate/legal consultant)     27 June 2008

yes you are right in stating so as you both belong to seperate religions the special marriage act will apply to you. iam ready to help you if you give the complete particulars and send passport photographs along with the proof of last residence where you have last resided in india or a photocopy of the passport you hold.Iam ready and willing to get your marriage registered.please contact me on mobile9885615533.or by e-mail.spodicheti.lawyer@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register