LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ashemrom   30 May 2019

Lawyer fees

I want to engage a lawyer to challange an impugned order of my employer who has passed a major penalty order.

Learning

6 Replies

(Guest)
In which state ?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     31 May 2019

Without full facts, you cannot expect guidance from experts.  Who is your employer ?, what was your designation ?, what were the charges and the proceedings before imposing the penalty, whether there is any further appeal process within the designation, whether employee is having Union/Association, what were the points considered while imposing major penalty, whether it involved financial loss and many others are essential to provide guidance.   Contact any advocate locally who is experienced in disciplinary matters or search in google for those experts.

ashemrom   31 May 2019

Thanks for the reply. My case in brief:I am employed in SAIL as DGM.In the year 2007-08, few persons were recruited on casual basis in the Company.In the year 2012, the Company dismissed these persons statng that their employment was illegal.In the year 2014 CBI logged an FIR  based on anonomous complaint and invistigated the case and recommended departmental action against me and other incl.MD,who had since retired in 2010.As all accused had retired from the company,departmental action was taken against me but charges of any procedural lapses could not be established against me in enquiry.However ,the DA imposed major penalty of reduction of pay against me.I appealed to the Appellant Authority but it was turned down.

Now I want to approach CAT,Jharkhand against the penalty imposed against me.However,since the fees of lawyers vary to a large extent and there is no guideline, I am afraid I might get fleeced by unscrupolous lawyers.Hence if you can guide me as to what will be fees charged by the lawyers for this case will be immensly helpful

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     31 May 2019

With due respects, never depend on anyone, please make it convenient to go to ATC Jharkhand, seek guidance from the Office staff as to the expert and sincere advocate and then decide.  Personally, I feel that there can not be a better advocate than you yourself as you know entire facts and you can appear as a party in person.  When you were able to do several difficult tasks, learning this appeal procedure is not difficult for you.

Shashi Dhara   31 May 2019

U better to approach high court or supreme court thru w.p to quash the orders imposed penalty by DA is illegal and unconstitutional .

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     31 May 2019

Originally posted by : ashemrom
However,since the fees of lawyers vary to a large extent and there is no guideline, I am afraid I might get fleeced by unscrupolous lawyers.Hence if you can guide me as to what will be fees charged by the lawyers for this case will be immensly helpful

1.  There are not may lawyers available for such purposes, as like yours, which is going to be time-consuming for any lawyer.

2.  WHENEVER you are apprehensive of lawyers fees or his abilities, or if you have any further "sneaking suspicions"   always represent yourself, in your matters.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register