LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Law as it should be

Media was against him, the home minister was against him, CMs and all other people were against him. I am not defending him. Hell, I dont even think he deserves another since he has already been convicted in the court of law.

But still he was granted interim bail. Behold the power of law. It PAYS to be close to a lawyer. Akhir main biwi ne bachaaya hi. And that too on legal grounds and not due to the meherbaani of some big shot journalist who chose to run a campaign (which admittedly, was a major factor in him being denied bail earlier). The grounds stated by her were: SC has throw out the charge under section 306 – Abetment of Suicide, Rathore was not the cause of suicide, her brother was detained legally. All defenses I assume, if not entirely defensible, certainly made the case for interim bail. Whatever be the legal implications and the emotive appeal of the case, our judicial system – rightly so – has appropriate procedures in place and due process of law to enable justice in its truest sense. Not in the sense that people or media want it to be. Only trouble lies in the people who fail to implement it in spirit

This should be used as an example where the court is not swayed by the rhetoric and decides solely according to the law – as it should function. Kudos to the judge!!!

Herein lies the dilemma of a lawyer. Of course, my opinion is only about the decision to grant interim bail and not about the merits of the case. As a citizen, I wo

uld never forgive a person who molested, harassed and drove a kid to suicide. But as a lawyer, I am expected to do everything available in legal provisions to ensure that my client gets the best deal out of it. What is right and what is righteous is an extremely tricky set of options to choose from!!!

https://mywriterkeeda.wordpress.com

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

Victim's family side lawyer is too slow.

subhash kumar (advocate)     02 January 2010

yes definately the lawyer is slow otherwise can get the justice withintime

subhash kumar, adv

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     02 January 2010

Interim bail is not hte last decision. Wait for final verdict in the case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register