Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh Nair   05 September 2016

Laundry in a co-op society

Hi,
I live in a large society with 600+ apts in Pune.  The society had given a common space in between two car parks (in the basement car parking) for a Laundry.  Unfortunately, my car park is situated next to this laundry.  The laundry employees live inside this space and dirty the area around, including my car park, by washing used utensils, spitting, etc.  My numerous written complaints to society office and committee has only received assurances with no concrete solution.  Please let me know if the society has rights to give such space for laundry?  Also, since the laundry is charging residents for it's services, aren't they supposed to get a shop act, etc?  Please guide me on this.  Thanks / Rajesh

Learning

6 Replies

(Guest)

1) You need to  get certified Plan of the Parking lot from Municipal Corporation

2) Then you need to  sent legal notice to  Municipal Corporation

3) Ask what steps Municipal Corporation have taken to the notice , this information you keep on asking under RTI

4) Then via this channel get illegal construction in parking lot demolished 

6) Failing above 4 points you need to take steps in Court under Maharashtra Municipal Corporation Act , Maharashtra Regional Town Planing Act

6) Even steps under Co-operative society act can be initated against the office bearers of the society. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have indeed serious problem you need to take help of Adv. who can do this for you 

Rajesh Nair   05 September 2016

Many thanks for your suggestion.  Can I send a legal notice without getting the plan from PCMC? Since it's clear that it's an open space due to pillar in between.  But the society has not entered into a formal agreement with the laundry owner and they don't have a shop act licence as well.

And may be write to the Shops & Establishment office and also the municipal corporation?

Will you suggest that?

Thanks again.  Regards / Rajesh

(Guest)
Yes u can do. Every person have some habit while preparing for matter . This is my way .

(Guest)
Yes u can do. Every person have some habit while preparing for matter . This is my way .

(Guest)

(Guest)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register