Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dan (Mgr)     17 October 2014

Late marriage affidavit

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get my marriage registered in Chandigarh under the Special Marriage Act. I am already married for over 5 years. I have the form which mentions a joint affidavit and a Late affidavit if marriage is over 90 days. I got the Joint affidavit format from the following link posted earlier but am unable to locate format of Late Affidavit. Can someone help me with the format/verbiage please?

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Format-of-the-affidavit-for-Hindu-marriage-registration--7486.asp

Also are any other affidavits also required like for residence or Proof of age etc? I already have all the relevant certificates with me.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     17 October 2014

The easy way is to go to the office of Marriage Registrar and ask the clerk working there to give you a copy of affidavit of earlier case and after getting it, make necessary amendments and file it along with your application.

Dan (Mgr)     17 October 2014

Hi,

I tried that. In fact thats the first thing i tried. Unfortunately the nexus of typists near the complex and the clerks is so much that they just directed me to get it typed. At 50/- per page i think its way to high and principally if i can do it myself i shouldnt need to get it typed from someone else.

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register