LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohan   09 November 2015

Landlord not accepting rent

I have purchased a residential room in pagadi building ten years ago. I wanted to use the space as commercial property, so the landlord gave me in writing in registered stamp paper that I can use the property as commercial space.

Now after ten years, he is not issuing reciept to accept rent saying that I am using this property as commercial space.He is aking me to use as residential property.

This space is very critical for my business since this is the only source of my income. What can I do to save myself from his harrasment. Please note that I still have a stamp paper that allows me to use space as commercial.

Please help with concrete soloution !

Learning

3 Replies

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     09 November 2015

You send him cheque by registered/speed post at his address, with a proof and then file a case against him in local court. Till a decision is taken, start depositing rent in Court

saravanan s (legal advisor)     09 November 2015

You send the rent through money order and if he is not accepting it then take the issue to the rent controller with an application requesting permission to deposit the rent in court

Rohan   10 November 2015

Thank you for your advice smiley. I will definately go ahead and send rent though money order. But there are some issue's thats bothering me such as :

• Use of commercial space was through mutual understanding and stamp paper agreement. But he was so far still issuing rent reciept as residential property. I did not bother as it was mutual understanding to use as the property as godown. Also, the stamp paper clearly mention that the land lord is issuing me permission to use the property as godown.
  • I am still geting electricity bill under residential category.

I do want to convert into commercial space but as we know that nobody can win against the greed and harassment of landlord. I bought this property with the intention to use as commercial (godown), even the landlord knows about it.

What can I do to convert into commercial space ? What kind of action I should expect form landlord ? What kind of prevention action should I take apart from sending money order ? Can he evict me from the property ? 

Will be really grateful for your help.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register