LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lalitha   24 February 2019

Land gift from brothers children

My brother�s wife sold her house to me when she was on death bed. So I didn�t do registration but settled all money. Now that property belong to her 3 major kids and my brother. Now they want to gift that house to me in order to reduce registration cost as I am their blood relative. Is this correct if all kids and my brother who are legal heir of that property sign in gift document or kids first transfer it to my brother and my brother should gift it to me? Please advice.

Learning

6 Replies

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     24 February 2019

They can gift their respective shares to you by way of gift deed.

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     24 February 2019

They can gift their respective shares to you by way of gift deed.

The other way is also very much possible ,the Children( must Be major) can relinquish their share towards father and father can execute the gift deed.

Both ways you can do it.

Shashi Dhara   24 February 2019

All of them become legal heirs so father cannot gift minors share on behalf of him.he has to give proper reasons in court before gifting though he is natural gaurdian property is his wife's..he has inherited it only.

Sorry all of them R majors so they can gift jointly. U have paid money it is bad to accept gift.so u bear registration charges. Of sale deed.

All of them become legal heirs so father cannot gift minors share on behalf of him.he has to give proper reasons in court before gifting though he is natural gaurdian property is his wife's..he has inherited it only.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     24 February 2019

As you bought the property, it is very better to go for sale deed.  Your brother and his 3 major sons shall execute sale deed in your favour. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register