LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hasan (manager)     08 March 2014

Land deal

i and my family own a piece and parcel of land in gujrat total area is 1 acre na plot we in 2008 sold part of the land to the other people via registered deed but the 7/12 extract is still in our name then in 2013 all the people approache us to cancell the said deed and they surrendered the said deed with us and allowed us to sell the whole land to any body then on june 15 2013 we entered in to mou with the builder for sale of the said land butt he builder failed to obey the conditions mentioned in the mou and then we decided to cancell the said mou by sending legal notice via advocate and issuing public notice but on receving the legal notice builder started harassing us that they will file fir aginst us under section 420 of ipc we sought explanatin they said that we have already sold the land to other people also thats why, but we had already informed him about that before signing the mou and now he is taking the advantage and harassing us pls help me and guide me now what to do even i had told them to take there all money back from me but they visited my advocate and are demanding 50% penalty

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     20 January 2020

Buyer has to get it done mutation. Mutation means transfer or change of title in the records of the local municipal body for the concerned property.

Descripttion: Mutation of a property is the transfer or change of title entry in revenue records of the local municipal corporation. The change in title ownership may occur due to a number of reasons like death of the original owner and subsequent transfer of the ownership due to inheritance or succession. In the event of a leased property, the ownership can be transferred through an irrevocable power of attorney.

The existence of a sale deed, conversion premium and irrevocable power of attorney is required for the conversion of a leasehold property to a freehold property. Once it becomes a freehold property, the ownership title can be transferred or mutated. Mutation becomes essential for deciding the tax liability when the property ownership gets changed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register