Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Senthil Sivanandam (Business Head)     06 October 2013

Land acquisition act 2013

Hello Readers:

What is the after effect of Land Acquisition act 2013 for the already acquired lands of TNHB and no development for the last 20 years and these lands remaining vacant ? Award has not been paid to these land owners in most of the cases. Request expert opinions pl.

Thanks

Learning

4 Replies

Yogesh Anand (Head- Legal AVP)     06 October 2013

if award is passed but compensation pending then new act is not applicable, if more than 50% are paid.   if more than 50% are not paid then compensation will have to be calculated under new act.  if award not passed then proceedings under old act are abated and new act will apply for fresh proceedings.  the new act has yet to receive presidential assent.

1 Like

Daksh (Student)     06 October 2013

Mr.Yogesh Anand, 

Thanks a tonne for your enlightening comments.  Last but not least now the President has given his accent to the Bill and it needs to be published in official gazette.  

Best regards

Daksh

Mani (land owner)     14 November 2013

section24(2) read with rule23 of the draft rules clearly states that,even if the award had been passed,if the physical possesion had not taken yet,then restrospective operation comes in to force from the date of  notification , the date on which the act comes in to force ,my case falls under this provision for which i need more clarifications.the thing is that the tnhb as well as the government admitted this in the high court of madras by counters in the third round of writ petitions. i need expert opinion in this . more over there is a doubt  for me, that largely corrupted tnhb will comply the provisions of the new  act honestly ,or the government  shall by its own  implement this act with out consulting tnhb.                                                                         i expect opinions from lawyers experienced in land acquisition matters, or beurocrates with sufficient legal knowledge in land acquisition.

Saurendra Rautray (advocate)     24 May 2015

Section 24 of the Land Act in simple words means that any acquisation done under the old act and such acquisation had been done 5 or more years prior to the new act in that case where no award has been made or the posession of the land  has not been parted by te land owner in that case one can challange the said aquisation under the new act for being lapsed.

Regards

Saurendra Rautray

Rautray& Co

(New Delhi)

www.rautray.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register