Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Khalid Khan   23 June 2017

Jurisdiction ?? passport renewal criminal case pending

RESPECTED MEMBERS

I got Anticipatory Bail in 498A Matter from Sessions Court,  I have applied for Quashing in High Court of Mumbai, High Court has stayed filing of Charge Sheet by Police

Now my passport has expired and i understand i need to take permission of court before renewal of the passport, MY QUESTION IS

1 . WHICH COURT HAS JURISDICATION to entertain my Misc. Application for permission for passport renewal ?  Session court which gave ABA, High Court which stayed filing of Charge Sheet or Metropoliatin Magistrate court which has jurisdication to try the matter in case charge sheet was file

2. Will Court prohibit me to renew passport for 10 years as usual ? how can i argue to court to renew it for 10 yrs

Thanks in advance

Learning

4 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     24 June 2017

You approach Highcourt for  permission for Passport renewal.It might favourably consider your case and grant pwermission for passport renewal as it has already stayed chargesheet filing against you by police.

Firdosh Kassam (Karachiwala) (ADVOCATE & SOLICITOR firdoshkassam@hotmail.com)     24 June 2017

If the Metropolitan Magistrate has impounded your Passport that court will have jurisdiction to release your Passport for renewal. You will have to produce before the Metropolitan Court the order given by the Hon'ble High Court.

The period for which the Passport can be renewed is discretionary by the Passport office.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     24 June 2017

Where is the question of knowledge qua jurisdiction of Court for renewal of passport?

Whether some one has objected or Court restrained you getting passport renewed or going abroad?

Discuss with your lawyer, your query is confusing.

P. Venu (Advocate)     24 June 2017

"i understand i need to take permission of court before renewal of the passport" What is the source of this information. You can apply for renewel of passport disclosing the information as to the pending cases. If renewel is withheld or refused because of the pending cases, then and then only there is any question of intervention of the Court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register