Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Binod Kumar Mishra (Government Service)     12 September 2009

Jurisdiction of Central Administrative Tribunal

Dear Friends,

my friend who  is a government servant. earlier, being undersuspension, he had filled four case at CAT, Patna Bench and all the cases was entertained and no question about the jurisdicton of the court has been arose. as far as the respondents of the cases are concerned they are two from Dhanbad, Jharkhand, one from Nagpur and another one from New Delhi. the office of my friend is in Dhanbad, Jharkhand.

the CAT, Patna Bench is the main bench in the state of Bihar and Jharkhand and one time in every month the sitting of CAT, bench is presided over at Ranchi.

now he has to file another O.A. in Patna Bench against order of disciplinary proceedings. a senior lawyer of Patna today pointed out the the jurisdiction of appeal of your friend is CAT bench at Ranchi and not Patna.

the office of my friend is communicating to him at his patna residence from the last one years.

can you tell me the jurisdiction of the case will be Patna or Ranchi. please provide me some citation in the matter of jurisdiction of CAT.

please treat it as MOST URGENT. 

Learning

3 Replies

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     12 September 2009

the office of UR friend is communicating to him at his patna residence from the last one years.HENCE HE CAN EXCERSISE THE PLACE OF RESIDENCE AS JURISDICTION...

Binod Kumar Mishra (Government Service)     12 September 2009

Dear Reddy sir,

yes exactly this is what i trying to convince the advocate. sir can you give me some citation to the same effect, that i can choose my place of residence as jursidiction of my friend.

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     12 September 2009

UCO BANK V WORKMEN  AIR 1951 SC 230(237)

ONGC V UTPAL KUMAR (1994) 3 SCC 711 (723)

MORGANSTANLEY V KARTICK DAS (1994) 4 SCC 225,

FULL JUDGMENT COPIES CAN BE HAD FROM THE LIBRARY ONLINE COUNTERS OF ALL MAJOR COURTS/ HIGH COURTS.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register