LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohit Jain (NA)     03 April 2017

Jurisdiction for filing consumer complaint

Hi All, I live in Delhi and I had hired a tour and travels company located in Chandigarh for arranging the trip to Dubai and paid the full advance amount for the same of around Rs. 5,00,000.00. But my tour was cancelled due to mistake of the travel agent in arranging visa. I am trying to contact the tour n travel co. but they are not responding. My query is whether I can file the consumer case in Delhi as I have made the payment from Delhi or case need to be filed in Chandigarh. Please guide me.

Learning

8 Replies

(Guest)

Where is the registered office of the tours and travels situated?

(Guest)

file it in chandigarh. If the tour and travel company is registered in delhi then you can file it in delhi. there are a a lot of aspects to it. kindly give detailed query as to company name. its registered office, branch offices, place of payment, etc.

Sir, only the payment has been made from delhi...and all the offices of tour and travel co. is located in Chandigarh...Would it be filed in Chandigarh...

Sir, it is Chandigarh

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     03 April 2017

You have not furnished complete and essential details.Starting point of trip was from Delhi or Chandigarh ? If your journey had to be started from Delhi, certainly you can initiate legal proceedings ( consumer complaint ) at Delhi.As cause of action arose at Delhi.As per sec 11 of Consumer protection Act, complaint can be filled at place where cause of action partly or wholly arises or where opposite party resides or carries business.

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     04 April 2017

Sir, 

If the payment has been made from Delhi, then a complaint for cheating can be filed from Delhi as well. FIle a criminal complaint of cheating if the ingrediants are satisfied. 

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

V.Govindaradjou (Advocate)     04 April 2017

Chandigarh consumer forum alone has got jurisdiction.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 April 2017

As explained by Mr. Bhartesh Goyal, post complete and essential details.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register