Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunny (Xyz)     03 December 2014

Joining without separation letter

Hi,

This is Sunny Singh. I wanted to ask what are the implications of joining a new company without any separation letter from my previous company? Initially, my new company said they are willing to join me without the same. So, even though my previous employer did not accept my resignation, I came out of the company just to join this new one. After I came out, he now says he needs a separation letter which I don't have and can't get. What steps should I take now ? What if I join as-is to the new company? Can he stop me from joining even if I have the appointment letter to join? I have worked for my previous company from past 5 months and I am ready to forego this experience. But still this new company asks.Need your advice ! 

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 December 2014

Submitwith letter under proper acknowledgement.. copy of. resignation submitted by you along with proof of dispatch/delivery if you have....and quote that you were allowed to be in employement on the strength if it alone and you can provide.... till the last employer issues and supplied it to you... WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT FROM LAST EMPLOYER? SERVICE CERTIFICATE HAS TO BE ISSUED TO ALL EMPLOYEES.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     16 December 2014

have you served the proper notice to the previous company till the last of resignation date

means when you give a resignation letter to a company you will mention that till some date you will work as notice period and will relieve your job if you have followed the process the the previous company is bound to give you separation letter 

go to previous company and have a talk for the same 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register