LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     11 March 2013

Italian marines

Italian marines were allowed to go to Italy to vote in their general elections. Are Indian citizens given parole from prison to go and vote?

498a Wives

Learning

3 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     12 March 2013

ha ha sometimes I wonder if judiciary (awaiting plump retirement postings) are under influence of High Command or working independently or going too soft.

n you forgot to add next in diplomatic crisis - Italy Refuses to Send 'Killer' Marines Back to India;

https://www.ibtimes.co.in/articles/444905/20130312/italian-marines-trial-supreme-court-rome-india.htm

Oh BTW let us analysis how different is casting ballot in Italy and that in India.

1. Pursuant to Presidential decree n. 226 of December 22, 2012, elections was held on February 24 and February 25, 2013 to elect representatives to the Chamber of Deputies and to the Senate of the Republic.

2. Outside of Italy, Italian citizens residing abroad who are registered voters in the Overseas District may vote by correspondence. They can do so by casting their vote for the candidates listed on the ballot for the “Circoscrizione Estero” (Overseas District).

3. All voters residing abroad that do not opt  to vote in Italy before January 3 will receive a packet by mail before February 6 from their respective Consular Office containing: an instruction sheet on the voting procedures, the electoral certificate, a ballot (two for voters over the age of 25, therefore eligible to vote also for the Senate), one blank white envelope for the ballots, a stamped envelope bearing the address of the Consular Office of jurisdiction, and the list of candidates for the Electoral zone of residence.

4. The stamped envelope containing the ballots, completed as indicated by the instruction sheet, must be sent by mail as soon as possible in order to reach the Consular Office by – and no later than – 4:00 pm (local time) on February 21.

That brings me back to a chintu sa question: Did Italian Embassy in India approached Hon'ble SC with un-clean hands while pleading for marines to send back to Italy JUST TO CAST THEIR VOTE and secondly why did not Indian Govt. standing advocate not place above Election Law of Italy before our Hon'ble SC?

Offcourse I cannot question our own
Apex Court thus leaving same rape of the mind questions blank - blank - blank. 

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     12 March 2013

Sometimes we know the answer but still pretend to be ignorant howsoever answering bluntly would invite contempt of the Apex Court and may be some enthusiatic sleuth would be activated to dig the grave for the man who would answer this question and who would want to be put into trouble, so let us be like Gandhi ji ke teen banadar.(THREE MONKEYS OF GANDHI JI).

God bless my beloved Country my mother land India

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     12 March 2013

This is reminiscent of the sanjeev nanda case where the ends of justice were deemed to have been met through sentencing him to community service by a two judge bench.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register