issue with common maintenance for an apartment.

Hello, We bough a flat in Apartment on Mar-2016, Till that time builder used to take of maintenance, collected 1000/- later respective responsibility got moved to Owners, From there also they used to collect 1000/- as maintenance for around 15 mounts, after fulfilling monthly needs, we were able to accumulate some 55000/- funds, One fine day complete amount got used by a few owners-ofcourse for Apartment only, there after i.e/. from Feb-2018 they raised maintenance amount to 1500/- with out sharing justification details for this 50% hike in maintenance charges. They have taken 1000/- as maintenance from me till July-2018 and send back June+July months maintenance through watchman with out having word with me[On the same day i attended monthly meeting as well, in that meeting no one raised this point after meeting they simply sent back two months maintenance] , there after i keep on asking the reason for 50% hike and maintenance records to cross check whether 1000/- is not enough but unfortunately they refused to share the maintenance records as well. Finally we got a chance to go through on Feb-2019 (i.,e after a year), after checking them thoroughly we share our views that 1000/- would be still enough then why you are demanding 1500/- again no response. To make our dues clear i.e, from June-2018 to Feb-2019 (We are clear till MAr-2019 with 1000/- as maintenance amount) we paid common electricity bill and payment to Association towards garbage collection as owners are sending back paid maintenance amount to me. Now a few owners and builder are verbally abusing us like any things and enforcing us to pay 1500/- from Feb-2018, and threatening like they will cut power,water connection and lift usage to us, even we are worrying they may attack us physically in future meetings . Could some one please help me in how to proceed further and come out of this. Thanks in advance

File written complaint regarding this society to the registrar society of your area where this society is register. You can also file complaint regarding risk of physical abuse to you by them.You can get detail of account spend through  RTI Act 2005 by moving appplication to the concerned registrar too.

feel free to call or whatsapp if any doubt left.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Indian Evidence Act     |    x