LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DK Singh   30 December 2019

Issue of Domicile Certificate of Delhi

I am an ex-serviceman and owned a house in Delhi for last 10 yrs having Aadhar, Voter ID, Passport, Electricity Bill etc as a proof of residence. My daughter had completed her 10th from Meghalaya and pursuing 12th from Rajasthan due to my frequent posting tenure. Please clarify the following:-
1. Is she requires Domicile for NEET?2. Is she eligible for Domicile of Delhi?
3. If no, then from which state?
4. Can she be denied domicile due to non attending school in Delhi in past three years despite her permanent address in Delhi?

Sir please help me clarify doubts, I will be grateful for your keen guidance.

Learning

11 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     30 December 2019

You have your owned house with all the necessary documents that exhibit your Delhi residance, you don't need any domicile certificate for your daughter.Just be sure that her documents  too show her residance as Delhi.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 December 2019

Get the domicile of Delhi from area SDM

Sir,
1. I think there is a requirement of domicile certificate during NEET councilling for claiming Delhi state quota for whom those have not completed 10 and 12 from a particular state. In my daughter's case, Delhi state administration has objected that she has not attended her last three years schooling from Delhi resulting non stay for three years; hence, not eligible for domicile.
2. At this juncture, it is not understood what to do. Please advice me.

Sir,
1. I think there is a requirement of domicile certificate during NEET councilling for claiming Delhi state quota for whom those have not completed 10 and 12 from a particular state. In my daughter's case, Delhi state administration has objected that she has not attended her last three years schooling from Delhi resulting non stay for three years; hence, not eligible for domicile.
2. At this juncture, it is not understood what to do. Please advice me.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     30 December 2019

You have all the requiered documents ,you can get that ecrtificate just file for that online.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 December 2019

Your argument is true as for admissions, only qualification certificates will be taken into consideration.  But, there is an exemption if the parents are on Central Government transferable jobs.  Just google search with keywords "Domicile certificate in Delhi, the process at Delhi.   You can also file an application to UGC and seek information under RTI with postal order of Rs.10/-

Information solicited:

1. Please provide a copy of laid down norms for admission on domicile certificate where the Central Government jobs involve frequent state to state transfers.

P. Venu (Advocate)     30 December 2019

Yes, such entrance examinations provide for special conditions for Central Government servants and those similarly placed. Please verify the procedure.

DK Singh   01 January 2020

Sir I could not found any thing on internet related to my case

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     01 January 2020

Open the following link https://www.indiafilings.com/learn/delhi-domicile-certificate/ and in google I found that there is a lot of information.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     01 January 2020

Delhi Domicile Certificate

Domicile certificate or residence certificate is a necessary legal document for proving that a person is having a residence in a particular state. Domicile certificate of Delhi is issued by the Department of Revenue, Government of NCT. Domicile certificate allows a person to claim multiple facilities and schemes provided by the Delhi Government to its residents. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining Delhi domicile certificate in detail.

Purposes of Domicile Certificate

Domicile Certificate is used to get local preference in many situations. It is required to avail resident based reservations which are made in educational institutes or government jobs, etc. It is also used for students to apply for scholarship schemes aimed at residents of the State. Domicile certificate may also be required by institutions giving loan as proof of place of residence.

Eligibility Criteria 

The following are the eligibility criteria to obtain a domicile certificate from the Delhi Government:

• Applicant must be a resident of Delhi for the past three years.
  • Applicant must own a house/property/land in Delhi.
  • Applicant’s name should be included in the voter list.
  • Female applicants can apply for the certificate if they are married to a person from Delhi.
  • In the case of minors, the certificate is issued based on their parents’ residence.

Documents Required

To apply for a domicile certificate, an individual should possess the following documents:

• Affidavit as prescribed in Annexure-I of the domicile certificate form.
  • Identity Proof (Aadhar card, Voter ID card, Ration Card, etc.)
  • Resident Proof (Electricity bill, water bill, telephone bill, etc.)
  • A copy of Birth Certificate.
  • Proof of the applicant owning a land.
  • Passport size colour photograph.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 January 2020

If domicile certificate is required to be produced for this purpose then you may get one from Delhi itself because she is eligible to get the domicile certificate from Delhi on the basis of your residential address  in Delhi.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register