LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AK (Manager)     29 December 2016

Is this job scam?

I found this ad on newspaper saying that jobs for ATM guards are provided. After I visited their office, they asked me for Rs. 2200/- for the uniform and miscellaneous charges, which I paid.

After that I was told that my details will be checked in the police station for any criminal background record. The report came out to be positive.

Now they are asking me to join training for 2 months where I will be paid a stipend of Rs 8000 - 9000. And after the training period is over and I am finally recruited, my salary will be Rs.11000 - 13000.

They are also asking me to open an insurance policy before I join the training.

What should I do?

Learning

9 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     30 December 2016

"What should I do?" is your question.

Answer: Take a decision to join or not to join.

Ritesh Maity (Labour Law Advocate)     30 December 2016

At this point is it difficult to whether the job is a scam or not. But certainly, as security guards you need proper uniform and trainning. Without knowing the details of the security agency and its authenticity, better not proceed forward. And also make sure you have valid money receipt of each and every payment made to them.

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 December 2016

You have commenced a process --Paid fees, got police clearance, selected for training with stipend, opted for group insurance and now without naming the employer, you wanted to know from members whether it is a scam ?

Decide yourself, and contact some other batch mates selected for training, and deciding on the value of job to support a family, take a final decision.

You can not expect judgment from members without naming the employer.

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     30 December 2016

no legal point seen.       

1 Like

AK (Manager)     30 December 2016

The recruiter is ROYAL GROUP AND JOB SERVICE

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 December 2016

Search in google about the company and you can also get all documents available with Registarrar of companies, New Delhi if you wish to check their standing.

As there is  notification through public advertisement, fee receipt, police checking, training, this may not be a fake company and you can decided on checking the same yourself, as members can not guarantee performance of any company in these days.  It depends on necessity of your job and such income to support the family and your qualifications for alternate employment.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 December 2016

Probably you mean that the police report was in your favor and that NO criminal record in yur name exists in police stattion.

The govt has asked and many states have established board for security Guards.

Did you get recipet of Rs.2000/ asked from yu and paid by you for Uniform and copy of Police report,letter of selection, leter for training?

Uniform and training should be without any cost to employee.

Vivek H Bedarker (A)     30 December 2016

Where exactly is the scam in this? You may take appointment letter which mentions your training/probation period etc.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     31 December 2016

You may also obtain reciept of Rs.2000/ asked from you and paid by you for Uniform, copy of Police report,letter of selection, letter for training, appointment letter?  

Uniform and training should be without any cost to employee.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register