Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

seniorcitizen (i/c)     12 August 2013

Is tenant a consumer?

Sir/s,

Can a tenant be termed a consumer and approach the Consumer Forum for the redressal of his grievances against the Landlord?

The rental premises is in shambles and the Landlord neither arranges for necessary repairs nor permits the tenant to carry out the repairs, to make the rented premises tenantable, at his own expenses. The BMC authorities have given their no-objection for the repairs. The repairs do not require any additions or alterations in the premises.

Please inform me the legal position.

Thanks in advance,

Seniorcitizen

Learning

6 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     12 August 2013

prima-facie No.

R.Arvind (Practising Advocate)     12 August 2013

Sir,

Why dont you go ahead with the repairs and deduct the expenses from the rent payable? I know I have not answered your question but a lot of Landlords are as it is harassed by their tenants and your question will open up another ticklish front.

adarsh aggarwal (owner)     12 August 2013

plz mail me for rebuilding , reconstrucion  latest authority in the favour of landlord.

adarshaddy1@gmail.com

MARU ADVOCATE (simple solutions for criminal legal problems -- yourpunch@gmail.com)     12 August 2013

Go to the court in your area and you can get order for repairs under rent control act of your state.

You will need an advocate who handled similar matters.

An enterprising advcate can also help you to file criminal cases against such obstructing landlorad.

adarsh aggarwal (owner)     05 July 2015

Sir can we directly in sc

adarsh aggarwal (owner)     07 August 2015

If hp rent act amendement 2009 it is valid for old case . I think if any amendments then it wil be follow in new cases not for old case . In hp amendement reentry of tenant .. landlord case fight last many years nd new amendement will not be valid for this.. can u suggest how can change nd favour for landlords my mail id adarshaddy1@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register