LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     10 October 2019

Is patriotism compulsory

In the modern world 'Patriotism" is an old fashioned ideology. One should abide by the Constitution and the principles of the UN charter. One should also respect political and economic barriers. These are required from each person as a member of the community for harmonious living and for the general welfare of all.

Learning

7 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 November 2019

Originally posted by : Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech]
In the modern world 'Patriotism" is an old fashioned ideology. One should abide by the Constitution and the principles of the UN charter. One should also respect political and economic barriers. These are required from each person as a member of the community for harmonious living and for the general welfare of all.

In the modern world 'Patriotism" is an old fashioned ideology.

Who told you this.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 November 2019

the thread is noit deleted even after one moth of Mr Om prakash having expressed his views.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     18 November 2019

Once upon a time when I was in service I was interviewed for promotion.  A professor from a university was called to interview me. He asked me a question. I gave my reply. He then asked me "where did you read that".  I replied "I have to write a book and read it. Surely I shall send you a complimentary copy."  If you ask me "Who told you", I say "I have to tell myself. I told myself and I am telling you now."   Is there an expiry date for threads in LCI. I have not seen such a thing so far.

1 Like

Sourav Das (Advocate Supreme Court of India)     18 November 2019

who tells you that the constitution of india does not advocate for patriotism? read preamble carefully.

to enjoy you freedom of expression, you need to read Art 19 (2) to (6) of the constitution of india carefully.

2 Like

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     18 November 2019

Mr Sudhir Kumar:  You were asking why the thread was not closed. See now people are slowly responding.

There is nothing in the preamble or elsewhere in the Constitution which requires us to love and defend Bharat Mata. They state only human values which modern civilised countries recognise. A person can migrate out to any other country and adopt that country as theirs. Are they patriotic? They are held in high esteem back here as NRI's.

In whichever modern country that you are, you have to follow the laws of that country. That is just for harmonious living.

2 Like

Sourav Das (Advocate Supreme Court of India)     19 November 2019

I am not talking about Maya or pita, I am talking about the nation. "FRATERNITY assuring the dignity of the individual and the unity and integrity of the Nation;" enough said
1 Like

muralimohanarao p (Retired Senior Private Secretary to Commissioner of Railway Safety)     17 December 2020

I feel in all its serenity, every law-abiding citizen of ones country is nothing but Patriotic to ones Nation. So, one must be patriotic to his / her country. Not only that, if he / she is temporary or permanently residing in any country, he / she has bounden duty to follow the Law and Rules of that Nation and country. Any where in the World, be it his / her mother land or elsewhere, if he / she is Law-Abiding, then they are deemed to be patriotic. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register