Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mehabub   26 April 2019

Is criminal proceedings pending against me?

My estranged ex-wife filed a *private complaint* in 2013 against me and 5 of my family members accusing us of harassing her for dowry. In that complaint she has written she has not accepted talaq. The magistrate has taken cognizance in 2014, and the PC got converted into CC. We obtained bail. There is no FIR and no chargesheet filed by police. HBC is not yet taken place. We all accused are attending court every date, the complainant comes to court very rarely. She had to file a private complaint as police didn't accept her complaint as we were living separate since 8 years at the time of filing a complaint. And it was 3 years after I sent her talaq nama. With this details, my question is: *Is criminal proceedings pending against me?*

Learning

3 Replies

Mehabub   26 April 2019

Year of marriage: 2000. Separation from 2006. Talaq: 2011. PC filed in 2013. Cognizance by magistrate: 2014. Bail in 2016. No HBC till now.

H.M.Patnaik (Proprietor)     27 April 2019

I think ,you have already engaged an advocate to hanle the matter on your behalf.He will clarify your doubt easily.

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 April 2019

Yes, there is a criminal case pending. Have you recieved the copy? What are the charges (this would have been mentioned in the chargesheet served upon you)?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register