Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhaskaradeepak (SOFT. ENGG.)     08 November 2010

Is Cyber law without LLB is valid?

Hi Friends,

I did my Mechanical Engg worked as  alectureer for a near about a year then did my Master in engg. in Refirgeration &Air conditioning(Thermal) from Anna univ. chennai.In campus placement i got selected to TCS,as of now i was having a work exp. of about 2 years in software industry.

I feel ia m not having passion for this job,i found my passion for LAw particualry cyber law,i happened to see soem diploma courses were offered for cyber law.Am i eligible,if i am taking up that course what will be the scope? Can i practise as a cyber law cosnultant or appear in courts for cyber law related cases?

Learning

11 Replies

kartikeya (lawyer/cyber law consultant/cyber crime investigator)     08 November 2010

You can study cyber law offered by some institutes and colleges. but u can not practice as a cyber lawyer or cyber law consultant. for that you need valid Law degree and enrolment in bar council of India. And cyber law alone is not enough you need to refer some other laws like IPC, CRPC Evidence and many other... better you conduct investigation part because you may be good with that or else start doin LLB.

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     08 November 2010

Dear Mr. Bhaskara,

One has to have a LL.B degree (which itself can be aquired only after possessing a regular 3 year degree) to pratice as an Advocate.  After obtaining LL.B one has to get oneself enrolled with the Bar Council of the State and then sit for All India Bar Examination.  After qualifying in the AIBE, one can really function as an Advocate, appear in Courts etc.

Learning Cyber Law in itself is not enough to practice as an Advocate.

With your excellent engineering background, you can really pursue a regular LL.B course - in some places like Delhi being offered as evening regular course - you may check up other places also.  This you should do without leaving your present job - after all you need to earn and sustain yourself.   Thereafter you can really concentrate either in Cyber law or in Patent Laws.  

Bhaskaradeepak (SOFT. ENGG.)     08 November 2010

Thanks for the valuable suggestion and i like to thank particularly for the concern that has been shown.I will check for the same and let the friends here know where i joined.

I will be in need of your valuable suggestions in future too.Seekign the belssings of the elder members and wishes of friends to be a part of this honourable lawyers society.

Kanaksinh P.Boda (Educationist/Lawyer)     10 November 2010

I did law as part time after my duty hours in an evening college. However there were no CET or other pre qulifiying exams in those days. I have no idea if you will need such a test. I wish you all the best and most importan, God Bless You.

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     10 November 2010

Dear Mr. Boda,

After pursuing part time law course in the evening college, what degree did you get?  Is it LL.B. degree?  Clarify this point.  Also indicate in which year did you get this degree?

varun kathuria (proffessional)     10 November 2010

Dear,

You did ur mechanical engg. and still worried of doing a course in cyber laws. GO ahead and opt for MS in cyber laws from allahabad - iiit. eligibility is B.tech and ll.b. gohead and chase your dreams with full interest. For further information pls. visit iiita.ac.in

Ankur Gupta (Developer)     25 January 2011

Please solve my problem........As I am a B.Tech in Computer-Science. Now i am doing MS in Cyber Law and Cyber Security..Currently I am in 4th sem.

So, Please help me out...which field i have to choose....whether Cyber Law OR Cyber Security????

As i found that Cyber Law is for those who have done LLB.....So, please help me out.............

Thank you,

kartikeya (lawyer/cyber law consultant/cyber crime investigator)     25 January 2011

hi ankur,

you already gave answer in ur question... you can not choose cyber law until u hold valid degree after doing LL.B and practice certificate from Bar Council Of India. Better u focus on Cyber Security

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Bhaskaradeepak
"
Hi Friends,

I did my Mechanical Engg worked as  alectureer for a near about a year then did my Master in engg. in Refirgeration &Air conditioning(Thermal) from Anna univ. chennai.In campus placement i got selected to TCS,as of now i was having a work exp. of about 2 years in software industry.

I feel ia m not having passion for this job,i found my passion for LAw particualry cyber law,i happened to see soem diploma courses were offered for cyber law.Am i eligible,if i am taking up that course what will be the scope? Can i practise as a cyber law cosnultant or appear in courts for cyber law related cases?
"

Dear Bhaskar,

There is avery good scope as a Cyber Law Consultant, as well as in Police Departments, but the opportunity as a Cyber Law Advocate is still rmote, as cyber law related crimes are very few in India, as compared to western countries. However, if you prefer to develop your career as a Cyber Law Advocate in USA, UK, Australia, or other Eropean countries, you would have ample opportunities there for that.

However, with Diploma, I don't think you can pracise, as a Cyber Law Advocate in any Court of Law. You may probably need a Degree in Law for practising as an advocate.

Needless to mention, there are plenty of Law colleges that provide regular LLB course theough evening sessions. You may better try to take admission for LLB in some Evening Law College.

binu (Network Administrator)     19 March 2011

hi frnd ,

can u tell where u r studying MS in Cyber security and cyber law .

from IMT -CDL ?. i like to do MS in Cyber security and cyber law . can u give the details please

my email,  connectme1@rocketmail.com

Anwesha Mukherjee   29 September 2018

Hi,

I am currently persuing a bachelors degree in Business law from Ireland .Its a 3 years course. My ideal job is to become a professor. Which field should I go forward with from hence? I am confused about which career path I should take. I need your guidance.

regards

Anwesha Mukherjee

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register