LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Janesh Koul   15 March 2020

Is 7/12 Mandatory in Maharashtra !

Me along with my Friends recently purchased land in Maharashtra but since its just 8 Ghuntas, we cannot go for 7/12. Does that mean, i can face issues in future. we have got the registration done with the Land owner and received Land demarcation letters also. its neither a NA plot nor the Plot is in R zone. would be thankful for your inputs.

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

Ghunta etc. this units were used traditionally , but now proper units are in meters
8 Ghunta = 809.36 sq. meters

To be frank myself have one  old anchestor land less than 200 sq. meters ,

your statement you  can not get independent land record for 809.36 sq. meter is not acceptable to me 
I accept there is a law Maharashtra Fragamentation and consolodiation act but 809 sq. meter is sufficient large area

Seller who has sold land to you , I feel is taking you for ride  . He can do proper partition of land and then sell the land. 

Even two different plot can be made of 400 sq. meter 

You need proffessional legal consultancy of local of advocate dealing a lot in land revenue matters. 
It seems you are investing money and saving money on proffessional which is indeed causing lot disaster in your case to large extent 

Janesh Koul   15 March 2020

in the Registered agreement, plots area is not mentioned as Ghuntas but as Sqft, we 6 people have taken 8000sqft plot in a plotted land where there are more than 25 plots and ours is a combination of 10plots which total put together is 10,183 sqft mentioned in agreement and the land demarcation as well

(Guest)

Please read personal message

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register