Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Ip address of forwarded mail

Hi,

Consider a case where

1. person1/Laptop1/gmail_account1 sent a mail (and had chat) to(with) person2/Laptop2/gmail_account2. 

2. Now person2/Laptop2/gmail_account2 foraward above mail (chat) to person3/Laptop3/gmail_account3.

3. Can Person3 using that forwarded email (chat) prove that this email(chat) was exchanged between person1/Laptop1/gmail_account1  and person2/Laptop2/gmail_account2.

4. Continuing above, thus  is it possible to extract IP address of (first sender and reciever) forwarded email ?

5. Is point 3 (and 4) are stil possible  If person2 deactivate its gmail account now ?

6. Can I myself extract information using that forwarded  email exchanged between person1/Laptop1/gmail_account1  and person2/Laptop2/gmail_account2 or only proffessionals can do the same?

Regards

Learning

10 Replies

(Guest)

Please reply.

RAKESH PIPRODIA (ADVOCATE)     19 August 2012

You need to get the said details from the IP SERVICE PROVIDER. It is very comlicated job and time consuming too.The said details are not given unless demanded by higher authority of apex court.

1 Like

andz (clerk)     04 October 2012

-if as it is forwarded then the info pertaining to person 1 & 2 too will be forwarded to 3 -and extracting ip addresses is a different thing . . . and what if both the machine's (laptops) are using the same net conn ?? -better put your question's simple and straight so that one can try to answer it . . . -even if anything used as evidence, what is the position of the 1st person ??

(Guest)

My Wife once in anger forwarded few gmail email and chats with her boyfriend to me. I want to use them as evidence. But as per my knowledge her boyfriend IP friend cannot be traced in that fwd mail so it can not be used as evidence. Is my assumption correct?

Originally posted by : andz

-if as it is forwarded then the info pertaining to person 1 & 2 too will be forwarded to 3
-and extracting ip addresses is a different thing . . . and what if both the machine's (laptops) are using the same net conn ??
-better put your question's simple and straight so that one can try to answer it . . .
-even if anything used as evidence, what is the position of the 1st person ??

kartikeya (lawyer/cyber law consultant/cyber crime investigator)     17 October 2012

It is quite difficult to get Gmail id... if you want to get G-mail id then you need to file police complaint first.. then only police officials can work further....

andz (clerk)     20 October 2012

you are correct , the chat's saved on one's local machine's is a different thing and forwarded chat messages carry the IP of the machine's IP from where they have been forwarded and your assumption is right and also as you have mentioned "has forwarded few emails" -- may be you can and should work on these . . .

hope this info is of some use . .

regards

anand

v.b.b.sastry (Sr.A.P.P)     22 October 2012

Just do some research in google.You can trace the IP

(Guest)

The question here is to find the IP address of initial sender in a forwarded mail, which I think cannot be traced

kalyan (engineer)     04 December 2012

IP address in a mail can be traced only upto last sender. Let me explain simply. 'A' is writing mail to 'B'. 'B' is forwarding the same to 'C'. then 'C' could see only the IP address of 'B'. He could not find the IP address of 'A'. if he needs it, he has to get the order from apex court and has to approach google to check with their master server data backup. But this may take years and google takes information from its master server according to US laws and only if directed by US court.

andz (clerk)     04 December 2012

ip address can be checked when you expand the full header's of a mail, check the end of the mail where you can expand(show full headers). hope this is of some help.

anand

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register